NAEYC Accreditation = High Quality Early Childhood Programs
The Wesleyan Preschool has been accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) since 1994. In order to earn this national accreditation programs undergo an intensive in-depth self-study and assessment to demonstrate that they are providing a safe and nurturing environment that promotes the development of young children. Programs must meet the 10 NAEYC Early Childhood Program Standards:
- Promote positive relationships for all children and adults.
- Implement a curriculum that fosters all areas of child development- cognitive, emotional, language, physical and social.
- Use developmentally, culturally, and linguistically appropriate and effective teaching approaches.
- Provide ongoing assessments of child progress.
- Promote the nutrition and health of children and staff.
- Employ and support qualified teaching staff.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with families.
- Establish and maintain relationships with and use resources of the community.
- Provide a safe and healthy physical environment.
- Implement strong program management policies that result in high-quality service.
NAEYC Accreditation is valid for five years and during that time programs must submit annual reports that document their continued compliance with the program standards. Accredited programs are subject to unannounced visits by NAEYC assessors.
For more information about accreditation please visit rightchoiceforkids.org or call 1-800-424-2460.
“There can be no keener revelation of a society’s soul
than the way in which it treats its children”